Guy 1: Dude, the cops have been sitting outside my house for four hours all because of some stupid joke.
Guy 2: What joke?
Guy 1: We renamed the wireless network.
Guy 2: What did you name it?
Guy1: Marijuana Grow House
Recently we added a piece of equipment to our home network. In order to get it to connect I had to rename our SSID. (The network name) We had been using the same network ID for years, it was a pretty run of the mill generic name. I could have gone with something similar; I just had to omit the punctuation. However, I decided this was an opportunity to get a little creative.
Apparently creative SSID’s is like a thing these days. I did not know this. A quick search of the internet and you’ll see what I mean. Here are a couple of funny ones:
- Abraham Linksys
- Virus Full Network
- We Hear You Having Sex
- FBI Surveillance Van
- Get Off My LAN
- You’re a Cheapskate
- Top Secret Network
- Drop It Like It’s a Hot Spot
- I Can See You
- Pretty Fly for a Wifi
- TCPIP On Your Bushes
So my husband and I put our thinking caps on to see what we could come up with. Here are a few we tossed around.
- I’m with the bandwidth (Nerd humor)
- Hotel California (He’s a big Eagles fan)
- Learn to park (ok, this one is geared towards the neighbors)
- Stop yelling all the time (also geared towards the neighbors)
- Turn Down Your Music (we’ve gotta move)
- I Read Your Email (I got a kick out of this idea)
- The Tribe has Spoken (big Survivor fans here)
- Skins Fans (We love us some RG3)
- DaBearz (I’m from Chicago)
- Optimus Prime (Hubby recently saw Transformers for the first time. Clearly he's been living under a rock)
We weren’t ready to commit to any of those though so we started thinking about favorite movies. We’re big Will Ferrell fans in this house. See if you can name the movie these possible contenders are from.
- Throne of Lies
- Smelly Pirate Hooker
- Boats and Hoes
What about favorite TV shows?
- That’s what she said
- How youuuuuu doing
- No soup for you
You really wouldn’t think it would be that hard to decide on this but we debated it for days. We made a list and narrowed it down to top ten, then top five, and so on. In the end we decided to go with something that was a tribute to my nerdiness. We named our network CTRLALTDEL
My husband preferred that to my first pick which was Marry Me George Clooney.
I don’t see the problem.
(Throne of Lies is from Elf. Smelly Pirate Hooker is from Anchorman. Boats and Hoes is from Stepbrothers.)